Now Hiring: Development Officer
The Catholic Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic individual to increase assets and funds under management through the focused areas of development, planned giving, and donor servicing.
- Establish, maintain and steward relationships with existing and prospective donors. Secure
additional donations/bequests/funds from existing donors while cultivating prospects.
- Coordinate, plan and attend meetings, meals, office visits or other types of contact for the
purposes of cultivating donations/bequests/funds and stewarding relationships with parishes,
schools or other organizations.
- Educate groups that may range in size from 10 – 100 on the benefits of planned giving,
donating or setting up a fund through The Catholic Foundation.
- As needed, assist donors with the completion of their gifts.
- Identify prospects from The Catholic Foundation database and secure from those prospects
- As assigned by Vice President of Development, work with parish, school and other
organization leadership to further the mission of The Catholic Foundation and serve as the
primary contact for their needs.
- Draft, revise, and execute individual and organizational fund agreements including
endowments, donor advised, charitable gift annuities, charitable trusts and scholarships.
- Record and maintain database records including donor and prospective donor inquiries,
contacts, relationships, planned gift intentions and affiliations.
- Prepare appropriate correspondence between the Foundation and the donor. Such
correspondence may include but not be limited to gift acknowledgment letters, solicitation
letters, thank you notes, draft and finalized fund agreements, annual mailings, etc.
- Attend Foundation and other events in order to maintain a visible presence for the
Foundation in the Catholic community.
- Attend Committee and Board of Trustee meetings as needed.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Foundation’s product base so as to better
advise donors about their charitable giving options.
- Work with President/CEO and Vice President of Development to implement and meet annual
organizational and departmental goals.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study is preferred.
- Experience in a philanthropic organization with development and/or institutional advancement background is preferred.
- An understanding of Catholic stewardship and philanthropy; ability to serve and assist others and effectively communicate to all constituents.
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing needs, multiple assignments and the ability to maintain highly confidential information.
- The ability to successfully solicit gifts.
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with significant and influential individuals.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently but in collaboration with the full team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook; donor database experience/knowledge preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including listening and the ability to remember names, faces
and constituent relationship information and history.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than July 21, 2017.