St. Martha Giving Circle
Don’t miss our 2019 Martha Panel on March 7 at 5:30 p.m.
About the St. Martha Giving Circle
The St. Martha Giving Circle is an initiative dedicated to bringing Catholic women together to raise awareness and funds for organizations in the Diocese of Columbus. A giving circle by design, this group will leverage a pooled fund to have a greater philanthropic impact on the selected organizations.
Throughout the year, The Marthas will gather to learn about organizations and their needs, and decide together which projects to fund. There will also be opportunities to share ideas, serve with one another and, of course, plenty of time to socialize.
Who Should Join?
Women of any age who want to have a meaningful impact on our Catholic community.
- Vote on what organizations your want to receive a grant
- You decide your level of involvement – voluntary attendance at meetings, site visits and speaker panels
- Learn about non-profit organizations throughout the diocese
- Hear about projects and needs in the community, directly from the organizations
- Share ideas and opportunities with other women
- Engage in service and fellowship with like-minded women of all ages
- Opportunities to include even the youngest women in your family, to teach future generations about philanthropy
Who We Support
Members will vote annually on a beneficiary (must be a Catholic-supported organization in the Diocese of Columbus). Depending on available funds, multiple beneficiaries may be selected. The voting process and grant announcement occurs in the spring.
Becoming a Martha
Give as much as you can, as often as you can. Gifts to the fund might range from $10 – $10,000, but we ask for a minimum contribution of $100 for voting privileges. Non-voting members are free to participate in all activities, outside of the annual grantmaking vote. Founders’ Circle members contribute a minimum of $1,000.
Congratulations to the 2018 award winners, totaling $42,000!
- $10,000 Holy Family Soup Kitchen and Pantry
- $5,000 St. Francis Evangelization Center
- $5,000 J.O.I.N.
- $5,000 Back In His Arms Again
- $5,000 Run The Race Club
- $5,000 (Kinder) Women’s Care Center
- $2,500 Dominican Sisters of Peace
- $2,500 Little Flower Showers – St. Patrick Church
- $1,000 St. Stephen’s Community House
- $1,000 Pathways to Hope – Catholic Social Services
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions or would like more information!