Bishop Watterson High School
Exemplary Catholic Education, Rooted in Faith, Committed to Excellence
This year we will celebrate 60 years of educating students in the Catholic tradition. Each year, we ask for your contributions to the Annual Eagle Fund, in order to help us continue the Watterson tradition of Exemplary Catholic Education, Rooted in Faith, Committed to Excellence. Additionally, we look to planned gifts as a way to ensure the longevity of our wonderful school.
By definition, planned giving is a major gift that comes from the donor’s financial or estate planning. Gifts could come from appreciated securities or stock, real estate, a retirement plan or even cash – but they are generally made from outside of one’s discretionary income. Some donors are in a position to make the gift (or multiple gifts) during their lifetime, but many make the gift as a bequest in their will. Planned gifts can offer many benefits to the donor, including tax benefits or the potential for returned income.
Often times, a planned gift is put in an endowment fund, which allows the one-time gift to grow and provides a permanent source of funds for the intended beneficiary. Bishop Watterson is blessed to receive financial support from several endowment funds created by generous donors. We ask you to consider making a contribution to these existing funds or, if you’re able, consider opening your own endowment fund with Bishop Watterson High School as the beneficiary.
Contribute to our funds online now:
- Allyson Marie Gross Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Bettendorf Family Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Bill & Claire Adams Family Endowment Fund
- Bishop Watterson Football Coaches Legend Endowment Fund
- Bishop Watterson High School Donor Advised Fund
- Bishop Watterson High School Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Bishop Watterson High School Merit Endowment Fund
- Bishop Watterson Memorial Endowment Fund
- Bishop Watterson St. Patrick Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Deacon Byron & Nancy Phillips Endowment Fund
- Don & Colleen O’Neill DuBrul Endowment Fund
- Hilliard Family Endowment Fund
- James Michael Archibald Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Jane Jacquemin-Clark ’68 Spirit Endowment Fund
- Jean & John R. Fry Family Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Joni M. Molnar Endowment Fund
- Lyttle Family Endowment Fund
- Matthew Clayton Schultz Memorial Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Monsignor Edward Spiers Endowment Fund
- Monsignor Kenneth Grimes Scholarship Fund
- Principal Marian Hutson Endowment Fund
- Richard & Nancy Prechtel Endowment Fund
- Ronald R. Shay Scholarship Fund
- St. Pius X Endowment Fund
The above funds are administered by The Catholic Foundation, the official planned giving partner of Bishop Watterson High School.