Director of Marketing & Communications
The Catholic Foundation is seeking a full-time Director of Marketing and Communications to promote parish, school, and ministry planned giving and endowments, and to generate awareness of The Catholic Foundation’s impact on the needs throughout the Diocese of Columbus.
- To design, develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and branding program, to be updated as necessary for The Catholic Foundation in support of the goals and objectives of the Board of Trustee and its related committees.
- To design, develop and implement a internal and external communications partnership plan, to be updated as necessary for The Catholic Foundation in support of parishes, schools, and ministries planned giving and endowment fund growth efforts.
- To develop, write and produce all print and electronic communications, including the Annual Report, newsletters, marketing materials, announcements, website content, advertising, and all other pieces specific to projects, activities and events.
- To develop and design any other supporting marketing collateral, proposals, and presetnations.
- To routinely provide feature articles for The Catholic Times and other stories and articles that may be developed for various publications.
- To routinely develop and maintain website and social media content and communications.
- To coordinate events including planning, marketing and communications, providing leadership to event-specific volunteers or committees, cultivating ideas, building each program progressively each year, and ensuring final arrangements of the events.
- To develop and arrange publicity regarding fund distributions, grants, new funds, new trustees, officers and other events and activities as they evolve.
- To understand respective missions of other Catholic agencies in the diocese of Columbus, creating awareness for the conveyance of The Catholic Foundation’s mission.
- To serve as liaison and representative to community groups, cultivating relationships and synergies between The Catholic Foundation and other organizations as appropriate.
- To establish with business operations and monitor an annual budget for all related activities and events to support the goals and objectives of the Board of Trustees and its related committees.
- To monitor and recommend updates as necessary to related policies and procedures.
- Assist fellow staff with individual and team assignments and goals through marketing, communications and community relations materials and expertise.
- As assigned by the President & CEO, support the goals and serve as staff liaison to the various related committees of the Board of Trustees.
- Other duties assigned from time to time by the President & CEO.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An understanding of Catholic stewardship and philanthropy; ability to manage and supervise; ability to serve and assist others.
- A minimum of bachelor degree in marketing or communications.
- Excellent reading skills and ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
- The ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- The ability to both serve and lead others and the willingness to provide “hands-on” work.
- Proficient with Windows applications including Word, Excel, and database environments.
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator strongly preferred.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others in a team setting and independently.
- Ability to maintain all information highly confidential.
- Compliance with BCI&I background checks and completion of the diocese of Columbus’ Protecting God’s Children program.
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, typical of an office with computers and printers. This is a non-exempt position. The Catholic Foundation is a smoke-free facility.
Supervised By: President and Chief Executive Officer
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than August 2.